Indigo Pipelines Limited (Indigo Pipelines) respects the privacy of every individual who visits the Indigo Pipelines website. In dealing with Indigo Pipelines, you may provide Indigo Pipelines with personal information about yourself. The purpose of this statement is to set out the principles governing Indigo Pipelines’s use of personal information that Indigo Pipelines may obtain about you. By using the Indigo Pipelines website you consent to the use of your personal information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
1. “Indigo Pipelines” means Indigo Pipelines Limited.
2. Indigo Pipelines is committed to following policies that protect your privacy and comply with current international data protection laws and regulations in respect of personal data. Indigo Pipelines will only obtain personal data from you for specified and lawful purposes and any personal data which Indigo Pipelines obtains will be processed fairly and lawfully.
3. Indigo Pipelines collects personal data for use in the normal course of Indigo Pipelines’s business. Your personal data may be held and processed in connection with a transaction that Indigo Pipelines considers with you, for the general development of Indigo Pipelines’s business and for administrative purposes relating to those purposes.
4. Indigo Pipelines will only process the individual data that you provide to Indigo Pipelines for these purposes. Indigo Pipelines will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the data held is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the relevant purposes.
5. Please note that the information that you provide to Indigo Pipelines is processed and held on computer systems and files of Indigo Pipelines. Indigo Pipelines does not provide your details to third parties for any marketing or promotional purposes, except where you have given your consent.
Accuracy and security
7. Indigo Pipelines will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and, where necessary, up to date. If you believe that any of the information that Indigo Pipelines holds about you is incorrect please notify Indigo Pipelines (see “Contacts”).
8. Indigo Pipelines will take all reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information, but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information online over the Internet and will not hold Indigo Pipelines responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to Indigo Pipelines’s negligence or wilful default.
10. Indigo Pipelines will take all reasonable steps to retain data only for the duration of the purpose for which it was obtained. When requested to do so, Indigo Pipelines will delete personal information from current operational systems where it is no longer required. Indigo Pipelines may need to continue to hold some details about you after your relationship with Indigo Pipelines has ended, for example for legal and regulatory reasons.
11. You have the right to receive information about the personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) that Indigo Pipelines maintains on you (a fee may be payable). You should also note that, under data protection laws, in certain circumstances you are entitled to object to the processing of your personal data and have certain rights of access, rectification and/or removal of your personal data. To exercise these rights you should write to Indigo Pipelines (see “Contacts”).